Monday, September 3, 2007
Who Sails The Ship?

I absolutely believe in the power of thought – that what we think about and believe are what we attract into our lives. But why is it that no matter how you envision, redirect and believe positive things, there are times when life takes you in a direction you do not want or wish to go. I was discussing this with a friend recently and she made a comment that started me thinking, "…well what if what you want is not what was meant to be…"

I have struggled with "the secret" of positive thoughts – because sometimes no matter how hard I work at it, events will occur that cause me to think that maybe if I had done a better job of focusing on the positive that this would not have happened.

But maybe my friend is right – maybe there is such a thing as destiny. And maybe Dr. Dyer, Rhonda Byrne, and others who are proponents of positive beliefs are right, too…and we can influence what we draw into our lives.

Perhaps we do have the power to help direct the circumstances of our life…but that power does not enable us to supersede our destiny…therefore our thoughts may sail the ship, but the direction in which we sail is guided by a Higher Power.

Andrea J