Thursday, October 4, 2007
"To Everything There Is A Season"
I give thanks that this is not a bad day...it's just not one of my better days. Just feeling a bit "off", which is so contrary to how I have been feeling the last couple of weeks - full of energy, very harmonious and balanced. A few months ago feeling like this might have developed into a downward spiral, or at the very least great frustration and disappointment. But today I recognize this as just the natural ebb and flow of life...

Last year I was working with an alternative medicine healer who commented to me that I was too attached to feeling good. After I left I thought to myself, "well who doesn't want to feel good!?". But I think I finally understand what he meant - I judged life by one of two criteria: feeling good, or feeling bad. Feeling well meant all is right and good in the world, and when I am not, it was difficult for me to enjoy or appreciate anything else as my focus was totally on what I needed to do to get back that "good" feeling again.

What I have learned is that no one feels good all the time...that even the Universe has a cycle to it - things ebb and flow, the sun rises and sets...the tides change, the moon changes, the seasons change...our lives change. It's natural and normal, and how it was meant to be. Life is good, and then it's not...we are up and then sometimes down...everything fits into place, then it doesn't. Accepting and acknowledging this, especially when in the midst of a down cycle, can make moving through it easier and more peaceful. Always hold on to the knowing that although you may not be where you want to be at the moment, things will change...that you will feel good, things will be ok again...it is just part of the natural and normal balance of life.