Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Happy New Day!!!!
I have always made a list of resolutions at the start of each new year, envisioning this day and year as a chance to start again with a clean slate and make the changes that I had wanted to make, but didn't, the previous year. Then when things didn't go according to plan, as inevitably life always seems to take us in directions that we hadn't anticipated, I would get discouraged and allow those experiences to set the tone for the rest of the year. And as I now know, this is exactly what I would continue to draw into my life.

I have come to realize that each and every day is a "new day", a chance to start over, to begin anew, to try something different, to move in a new direction. What happened yesterday or the day before really doesn't matter - all that matters is what choices I am going to make right now, in this moment...what am I going to create in my life right now. Each and every day is a chance to begin again, because each new dawn presents us with a clean slate, the opportunity to create a brighter, better day...to find a new way.

So if things don't go as planned on January 1st, that's ok. Because a new day will dawn on January 2nd, and that will be another opportunity to begin anew. ~ Andrea :-)