Friday, November 23, 2007
Confession
I admit it - I am probably too attached to the "finer things in life". I never seem to have enough clothes...shoes and handbags, too! And oh how I love to redecorate - new furniture, throw pillows and area rugs. Jewelry, books, art and plants - I love buying for myself and for others.

But I realized as we sat around the table enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner that what brought joy to my heart was not the new dishes or the furnishings we were surrounded by, or even the vast array of delicious food. What filled my soul was the love, laughter, and caring of family and friends.

As I sit here now and recall other events that are special to me, I can't tell you what I wore, or what the surroundings were like...but I do remember the smiles, the sense of connection, and the people who were there sharing the moment with me.

I imagine I will always have an appreciation for nice things, but I also know that what is truly precious to me comes without a price tag.

~ Andrea :-)