Monday, December 10, 2007
Taking a "Time Out"
Life can become pretty overwhelming, and when you are living with an illness, it is even more unpredictable and challenging.

I put a great deal of effort and expend an enormous amount of energy working at being healthy...I spend time looking for my blessings and chasing away negativity, keeping my focus on what I want to draw into my life...I work hard at doing as much good as I can for others, as well as being a loving mother, wife, friend and neighbor.

Every once in a while though it's all just too much, just "one of those days" - one too many symptoms to cope with, and feeling like I will never be able to fulfill all of my obligations, or live up to the expectations others have for me - or that I have for myself!

And that is when I have learned to give myself permission to take a "time-out" - to stop pushing, plotting and plodding and give myself a pass on trying to do it all. I read for the pleasure of it, not to learn something. I go for a walk to enjoy the experience of it, not to push myself as much as I can to get "cardio" benefits. I refuse to feel guilty if I have to say no to someone. I go to bed when I feel like it, not because the clock says it is time to do so.

The amazing thing is that I almost always wake up the next day refreshed and energized - ready to tackle whatever life has in store for me. Life seems so much easier and less complicated - well, at least for the moment!! ~ Andrea :-)