Thursday, March 26, 2009
Happy Birthday 2009
This was originally posted in March 2008:


This is such a special time of year - spring, my favorite season, has arrived...and my daughter and I celebrate our birthdays within days of each other. It has become a family tradition for me to write a poem to celebrate our special events...especially birthdays. Because this last year has been such an amazing period of spiritual growth and enlightenment for both of us, I decided that instead of the traditional poem, I wanted to write something special for her... and I know she wouldn't mind if I shared it with you:


If I Knew Then What I Know Now…


I would live a life without regrets. I would know the past is just that…
it is over and done, and can’t be changed –no matter how hard I try.

I would see worry and fear for what they really are: a waste of energy…
because the only power I have is over this moment, right here, right now.

I would recognize the power of choice that is mine in every situation in my life…
and would use it to focus on the positive,the lessons, the possibilities.

I would live in acceptance of my limitations and faults, as well as those of others.
And I would always remember that I may not be perfect, but that’s ok.

I would allow myself to only count the blessings and live in gratitude...
and I would know that wanting and needing are definitely not the same thing.
I would see difficulties and challenges for what they really are:
opportunities to learn, change and grow.

I would love myself for who and what I am...
in spite of my flaws and imperfections, and I would always
embrace the fact that I am a work in progress.
I would know that caring, sharing and giving are really the
greatest gift I can give to myself, and others.

I would make the most of each and every moment,
because I know how precious they really are.

Most of all, I would live my best life...
because I know that is the only way
to honor myself, and God.

Happy Birthday Laura...
with love always & forever,
Mom xoxo