Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The Greatest of all Gifts

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord,
plans for your good and not for harm, to give you a future with hope
.
Jeremiah 29:11


I can still picture our little white Christmas tree. It was maybe 2 or 3 ft. tall, and fit perfectly on a table in our living room. What made this tree so special were the bubble lights it had - they were in the shape of a candle, in various colors, and when plugged in the liquid inside would heat up and bubble. I remember that tree as though I just saw it yesterday. I would sit for hours just watching the lights glisten and bubble...I so loved that little tree.

What strikes me as I take this trip down memory lane is that I honestly can't name one present I received as a kid. But as I think back upon this time in my life, I realize that the greatest gift I ever received was the spirit of love my parents passed on to me. Their love was always unconditional. They were always there when I needed them. They thought I could do anything, and so I grew up thinking I could do anything. And from this love grew the most powerful of all gifts: a spirit filled with hope. A sense of hope still lives within me today. It has allowed me to overcome obstacles that at times seemed insurmountable...it has given me strength when I didn't think I could take another step forward...and has taught me that all things are possible if I believe they are.

It does not matter whether you are rich or poor, young or old - the gift of love is always within you to give...to others, and to yourself. From love grows the spirit of hope. And when you have hope, you have all you will ever need. And there is no gift greater.

Wishing you days blessed with love and hope, always... Andrea :-)