Sunday, November 8, 2009
A Sign of the Times...
It's gotten to the point where I can't watch the news or read the paper...seems every day there is some new tragedy. This week is was the Fort Hood tragedy, then the shootings in Orlando. And the ongoing struggles: the health care debate, 10%+ unemployment, the wars...

There is a great deal of turmoil in the world today. It is troubling to know what the depths of desperation and hatred can do to people. It is heartbreaking to think that there are so many people, here and around the world, who will wake up this morning and not know where they will get their next meal. Or if they will have a roof over their head tomorrow. Or for those who live in place like Afghanistan and Iraq, who fear leaving their homes because they do not know when and where a bomb will explode, or what other kind of atrocities they will face.

There was a time when my thoughts would be focused on, "what is the world coming to" and "how are we ever going to be able to move past these times?" But here's what I've come to know: great change is almost always preceeded by great struggle and challenge. Whether it relates to personal growth, or matters of national or universal interest, change is not easy. I truly believe that we are moving through this difficult time to a much better, much more positive place. I think each and every one of us has learned lessons because of what has occurred and have come to appreciate life much more. And this is how positive energy grows...and spreads...and attracts more positive energy.

I know I discovered that I can do with less, especially "things." I have a greater appreciation for the blessings I do have. Time is more precious, so is the love of family and friends. I have been reminded how great a country we live in...a place where we can express our views, diagree, even get angry with one another...and someone find a way to work together. No doubt that times are tough right now. But I've personally come to know that beyond the darkness there is always hope... always opportunity...always a new beginning. ~ Andrea :-)