Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Are You Willing To Pay the Price?
The warning signs were there. I could feel the stress and strain of my life taking a toll on my body, mind, and spirit...but the money I was making was good, and leaving my stressful job just didn't seem to be an option. I knew there were foods that were not agreeing with my body, but I was busy and just didn't have the time to do figure out how to replace those familiar foods. I was always on the go -work, kids, family obligations...and so I continued to push myself and to tax my body, and eventually my body said, "Enough!", and I wound up in bed and unable to function for several years.

And so I was finally forced to see that feeling good was more important than food, than money, than the "I-can-do-it-all-perfectly" image I felt I had to project to the world. I stopped eating everything that weakened me - sugar, grains, dairy, salt, non-organic fruits, veges and meats. I became careful to avoid exposure to toxins as much as possible. I began spending my time and money investing in myself - searching out people and treatments that would help me to regain my good health.

It has not been easy - no one enjoys sacrifice, struggle, and having to work so hard at being well. But I know what it is like to hit bottom, to be so desperately ill that you wonder if you will be able to go on for another day...and when I think about that time and place, the sacrifices I am making seem small in comparison.

I see people now who are in the place I was - not paying attention to the warning signs, assuming that they can take care of things "tomorrow", that they will be able to continue to bounce back, even if they keep eating the wrong food, so they keep pushing themselves beyond reasonable limits, not honoring and loving themselves...and unwilling to pay the price.

Unfortunately many are not ready to hear the message: you can pay attention now, or you can pay a great price later. You are a precious gift, deserving of good health, peace, and joy...do whatever it is you need to do to love your body, care for your mind, and nuture your spirit...because one day time may run out, and you may not get another chance to do it right. ~Andrea :-)