Friday, August 15, 2008
Old friends are the best friends...
You've probably heard the quote, "some people come into your life for a reason, some for a season, and others for a lifetime..." I love this, because it really is true - you meet someone, have a real connection with them, but within a short period of time, for one reason or another, they are gone from your life...probably because the reason they were there has now been resolved, and it is time for both of you to move on. Then there are those people that you think are gone from your life forever, but for some reason you continually find your paths crossing again and again.

I've recently reconnected with an old business associate who I always liked and admired on a personal as well as professional level, and it feels as though it had been weeks, not years since we'd last been in touch. Today I had the chance to speak to another business acquaintance who I always had fond feelings for, and again I felt as though it could not possibly have been 10 years since we had spoken...

What is it about some people that the connection is always in place?? No matter how long it has been since you have seen or spoken to them, there is a special bond that allows you to fall back into conversation and reconnect with ease?? This brings to mind a very special friend - a gal I've known for over 25 years...Janet and I met in the supermarket when our boys were about 6 months old and became fast friends. I moved away 20 years ago, and have only seen her once in all that time...and yet when we make our annual phone call to one another during the holidays we are on the phone for hours and it truly feels like no time at all had passed...

One of my oldest and dearest friends, Sue (pictured here with my husband), and I have a relationship like that. We can go for months, even years, without being in touch...and then we see each other or get on the phone and it feels like we had just spoken the week before.

What a wonderful gift it is to not only be blessed with the people who are close to you in your daily life, but also to have those special connections to those who you may not see or hear from often, but to whom you always and forever feel a bond with. I give great thanks to God for the blessing of being reconnected with so many amazing people...what an incredible gift!!
~ Andrea :-)