Sunday, May 25, 2008
Gratitude Grows A 'Miracle'...
About two weeks ago I shared my gratitude for the heightened sense of appreciation and new found sense of peace and wonder I had developed for nature and its inspiring beauty. This all began after reading Eckhart Tolle's insightful book, A New Earth, and also participating in Oprah's online classes based on the book (for more information visit http://www.oprah.com/). Tolle recommends that when you are feeling disconnected from the present moment one way to draw yourself back to the 'now' is to observe nature (a flower, plant, tree, bird, etc) without thought or preconceived notion - to just observe and let go of all thought.

In my May 2nd blog entry I had included a photo of a plant that I have had for a few years that had suddenly sprouted the most amazingly beautiful flower. I was so captivated not only by the uniqueness of the flower, but also by the fact that it had appeared so unexpectedly. I was filled with a deep sense of appreciation for what felt to me like a bit of a mini-miracle, and which I felt represented all of the unexpectedly wonderful things that can occur unexpectedly when the power of this great Universe is at work.

A few days ago when watering this plant I could not believe my eyes - I discovered more than a dozen flowers sprouting all over the plant - some red, some deep purple - all so uniquely beautiful! I have enjoyed watching the flowers bud, then begin the blooming process. What is most incredible to me is the fact that this plant, which had no flowers for two years, has suddenly sprouted numerous flowers!!

Is this a coincidence?? I don't think so. I truly believe that my great appreciation and gratitude for the one beautiful flower created a vibrational frequency - an energy - that made the growth of many more flowers possible. And I can't help but think that if an attitude of gratefulness and appreciation could have such a transformative impact on a plant, what kind of miracle might occur when that kind of positive energy is focused on my my own healing, or directed to a loved one, or other human being??!!

My commitment to living in gratitude is now stronger than ever. And I would suggest if you don't already practice thankfulness in your life, you might want to give it a try...you never know what kind of miracle you will be able to create!!!! ~Andrea :-)