Tuesday, February 19, 2008
The Bend In The Road
"The bend in the road
is not the end in the road
unless you refuse to take the turn..."

The plaque bearing this message sits in my bedroom, mostly going unnoticed. But every once in a while I find myself pausing to read the message - which I don't think is an accident, as it usually happens when I am at a crossroads, dealing with some kind of difficulty, or just feeling like I am stuck.

The other day when I paused to ponder the message, I was struck by how it brought a smile to my heart, as I realized that at that moment I knew that I had made it past a bend in my road, and was now traveling a new path and was on a new journey.

So many wonderful things have happened to me the last year or two...and the last few months have been especially blessed as it has been a period of great creativity and enlightenment. I am still dealing with challenges and have my struggles, but I also find the flow of new ideas and new options overflowing in my life, and feel blessed with great energy - literally and figuratively.

So if you are stuck at the bend in your road and aren't sure how you are going to continue your journey- have faith. Because you can and you will. You may not see the way right now, but stay focused on where you want to be, and you will be guided to find your way.

The road to enlightenment, peace, and well-being isn't always easy or smooth. But I can tell you that if you keep your eyes focused on what is ahead of you, rather than what's behind you, before you know it you will have made it past the bend in your road - and you will have become a stronger, greater being in the process!! ~ Andrea :-)