Saturday, September 20, 2008
Lost? Try Asking God For Directions...
From a distance it always seems as though everyone else's life is running smoothly, until you get up close and realize that they are dealing with the same struggles, uncertainty, and angst that you are. The problems may be different, but life has a way of being an equal opportunity offender - no one's life is perfect - we all are confronted by challenge every day. And each of us will face various crossroads throughout our lives. Though how we work through those processes may be very different...

I have always been an analyzer - when confronted with challenge I think things through carefully, looking at all the angles...eventually making up my mind as to the course of action I want to take, and then begins the inevitable round of what if's- what if this happens, what if that happens. Then the worry about making the wrong choice pops up, followed by uncertainty...and well, you get my drift.

Others may take a different approach - perhaps read self-help books, consult with a therapist or life coach, or one of the more common approaches: do nothing. Sometimes when faced with uncertainty it just seems easier to do nothing than try to figure out what the next step should be.

I was at a very important crossroad in my life a few years ago...my illness was really wearing me down and I felt as though I had exhausted all possible options...I didn't know what to do next or where to turn for answers. You can read more details about what happened to turn things around for me at http://www.healwithhope.com/ My Story, but suffice it to say that some events took place that lead me to the one and only option left to me: asking God for guidance. I am not a religious person, and this was defnitely out of my comfort zone...but I took a leap of faith, asked God for guidance, and there is no doubt that God answered my call.

I reached another crossroad later that same year, this time I was feeling better physically, but because I was still not well enought to work I felt as though my mind was wasting away and my life had no purpose. And so once again I was at a loss as to what my next step should be, and I turned to God for guidance. I asked God to "show me the way" and to figure out "what is mine to do". It has been almost two years since I asked God those questions, and in that time I have been inspired to create the Heal With Hope website, write a book (which I hope to be releasing soon), and my latest projects - a great line of inspirational products (watch for an announcement soon on Heal With Hope).

And so I would suggest to you, if you are at a crossroad in your life and just can't seem to find your way, try asking God for a little help. I believe God is an equal opportunity provider - you don't need to be a certain faith, pray in a certain way, or do anything other than ask for some guidance. Of course being an honorable, loving, caring being probably won't hurt your cause either. Skeptical? That's ok, give it a try anyway...I sure am glad I did. ~ Andrea :-)
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
This was interesting to read! I can certainly agree with the first sentence: "From a distance it always seems as though everyone else's life is running smoothly, until you get up close and realize that they are dealing with the same struggles, uncertainty, and angst that you are." I'm guilty of assuming that everyone else has it easier than me at times. :)

I noticed the terms "Universe" and "Divine Power" in your other posts. Please read this article, I think you'll find it very helpful:

http://www.4truth.net/site/c.hiKXLbPNLrF/b.2904219/k.91A1/New_Age_Movement__Overview.htm