Friday, May 2, 2008
Nature's Miracles...

One of the techniques I have learned from Eckhart Tolle (author of A New Earth) that I find helps me to live more in the moment and feel more grounded is by connecting with nature...by closely observing without naming things, and then creating awareness by being fully present when doing so.

This has been enlightening for me on many levels...when I really began to pay attention to the sky, the trees, the flowers, the plants, the birds, the squirrels...I can feel the oneness that exists between all living things, as well as have a greater sense of spiritual connection.

I have become a much better observer...and from this state of higher attentivness the grass and trees look more alive and their color so much more vivid...the same with the sky, and water, and...well, everything!!

For those, like myself, who believe in the law of attraction, it seems that I truly am attracting more of nature's beauty into my life...a friend just sent me pictures of the most magnificent butterflies I have ever seen - their wings are actually transparent and look like stained glass!!! They are so unique, and so beautiful. And just last week I discovered the most incredibly beautiful and unique flowers blooming from a houseplant that I have had for a very long time that I had never seen before...

To me this is just one more example of how when we change our thoughts and actions we really can impact those things that we attract to us...mostly, I am so grateful for the experience of connecting with nature as I have found such peace in its miraculous beauty...and it serves as a reminder that miracles are possible for all of us if we just open ourselves to the possiblity.
~ Andrea :-)